I am a birdbath hoarder. I cannot set foot in the local Wild Birds Unlimited establishment without drooling over the latest in ornamental avian ablation vessels, and you know how it goes, "You drool on it, you bought it!" This time I may actually have gone over the top. It is beautiful, yes. It is functional, being broad, shallow and sturdy. It is unique, looking like a Frank Lloyd Wright creation, and it was priced as if it were his last design. We now have six birdbaths. We also still have birds fighting over whichever ONE is occupied at the moment.
Pretty, isn't it?




2 comments:
Oh my! I'm assuming that is your backyard . . . . it's gorgeous! You need to post some pics . . .
I am not gifted with a green thumb . . however, the children and I planted seeds for a wildflower garden and put up a bird feeder with a songbird mix in it. . . we'll see if the flowers come up and if the song birds come. Hmmm . . . that reminds me of an old baseball movie with Kevin Costner - "If you build it they will come."
Ruthanne
The wildflowers should definitely attract the songbirds, and the butterflies as well.
And that's my front yard. All native plants; we had a huge landscaping project done two years ago, and it's developing nicely. The back yard is still a work in progress, but we're getting there.
I plan to post more pictures, but right now the kitchen remodelling is taking up quite a bit of my "free" time!
Post a Comment