Sunday, June 29, 2008

Today was better

Today was a good hospital pharmacy day. Why, you ask? Well, for one thing, I got to say my two favorite work-related words out loud. No, not those two. And please feel free to say them with me:

Anidulafungin

Alcaligenes


C'mon, it's fun. The second one had the added benefit of an upward inflection at the end, because I was actually engaged in a discussion involving some weird-ass combination of antibiotics my techs were preparing back in the IV Room/Sweat Lodge that I've been stewing away in all weekend. It was one of those, "Yeah, but did she grow out this baby yet?" conversations.

Another reason it was a good day? The Baxa compounder actually worked. Printed mix check reports and everything. We were able to boldly mix TPNs and NICU primaries and move on to smaller but more exciting admixtures. Like anidulafungin. It's a party in your mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you just wrote . . . . hee . . . hee