Sunday, August 3, 2008

Shenanigans!

As some of you know, we are remodelling our kitchen. Not so much remodelling as reconstructing that entire end of the house, including garage, new pantry addition carved out of said garage, kitchen, dining room and laundry room. We are keeping the gorgeous old Bosch dishwasher, but everything else was replaced with new KitchenAid Architect II series appliances. Only the double wall oven is actually installed at the moment.

You know what? These days a 3K oven does not come with a broiler pan. That's right. I'll repeat it: A three thousand dollar oven does NOT come with a broiler pan. It does come with a redemption coupon so you can call a toll-free number and have a "complimentary" broil pan, broiler grid and roasting rack combo shipped to you, but here's the catch. They charge $15 shipping. Out of curiosity, I visited the KitchenAid website and learned that the very same product could be purchased online and shipped to my home for $8.95.

It's identical to the broiler pan and grid I had from my old Whirlpool range. It was in excellent condition, and I would have kept it had I known I would not be receiving one along with my high-end wall oven. I mean, really, who would have thought to ask if the broiler pan was included? They always have been in the past.

I did email KitchenAid and told them I am calling shenanigans on them. Perhaps my next email should be to my state's Attorney General's office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much longer??? I want to see pictures!

Cracked Pestle said...

Oh, maybe about three more weeks. It's been a long haul; the first demolition day was May 20! I don't know what the cats are going to do when all the big boxes are gone, LOL!