NKA
...Healthcare shorthand for No Known Allergies.
I propose another acronym: NFWA, for No F***ing Way Allergies.
Case in point: Tonight I processed an order set for a new admit which included a list of her preadmission medications, height, weight, and allergies. This apparently tender person listed an allergy to taco seasoning. Taco. Seasoning. Not chili powder, not MSG, not enchilada sauce, just taco seasoning. I had to share this gem with my colleagues, who were suddenly all smitten with the notion of ordering in Qdoba for dinner, so it worked out well. We consumed "taco seasoning" to protect the tender one. I cheerfully fell on that grenade.
Some other NFWA I've documented include oxygen (must be from a clan of ammonia breathers out there in the hollers) and dog milk. I don't want to know. I don't want to know.
Beware the sourdough starter fake out: Don’t fall for this classic
sourdough starter trick.
-
[image: Sourdough starter in quart container on the counter]
We think of baking as a wholesome hobby, but certain threats stalk our
kitchens. Our Test Kit...
4 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment