Sunday, October 26, 2008

Abby and the Yard Cat

We recently were delighted to host our daughter and grandaughter for a two week "plus change" visit while our son-in-law was touring Korea and China with the Vancouver Symphony. Abby was enthralled by our half-dozen strong pride of housecats, but they would have nothing to do with her. Oscar, the cat who has chosen to live in our yard, was more than happy to entertain her from the safety of the far side of the door glass. That reminds me, I have to clean those windows, as well as the glass doors on the media cabinet.

Fingerprints and noseprints notwithstanding, we miss them terribly since they returned to Canada a few days ago. I really miss Abby's little toothless smile that greeted me when I came home from work in the late afternoons. It never failed to make the day just fall away. See you at Christmas, my darlings.

1 comment: