About six weeks ago, I was climbing over some stuff on the library floor, potential ebay merchandise actually, trying to not knock over a camera tripod while stretching to reach a lamp that was left burning. I was wearing my very comfy and squooshy terrycloth flip-flops, and put my right foot down in such an awkward position that I when I shifted my weight, I somehow managed to break my third toe. It was quite sore and swollen and VERY purple for a few weeks, but lately has felt pretty much like new.
Soooo....... Yesterday I spent most of the day putting stuff away in my newly remodelled kitchen, as well as moving some of the living room furniture into the new sitting/media area adjoining the aforementioned new kitchen. We then were able to set up the dining room furniture in what was the living room; it's still carpeted in there, so I had my trusty canister vac with me to suck up whatever little mummified bits had been hiding under sofas, chairs and tables for however long. I was wearing my sensible house slippers, with the fleece lining, but my feet got really hot in them, so I figured, "Huh, what are the chances lightning will strike twice?" and changed into my flip-flop slippers.
Yup. I did.
Wasn't five minutes later, I reached out a little too quickly with my right foot to hit the OFF switch on the vacuum, and instead whacked my fourth toe on the hose connector sticking up from the top of the vac. It is, I am certain, quite broken. It hurts worse than before, and although it has yet to swell, it is a most vivid shade of purple and is giving me great discomfort when I have to wear actual shoes. I have it taped to the neighbor toe (the one that just healed) and have myself on scheduled doses of naproxen twice a day, with Ultracet at bedtime.
I hope my two big toms don't feel the need to bodyslam my feet in the middle of the night for a while.
Beware the sourdough starter fake out: Don’t fall for this classic
sourdough starter trick.
-
[image: Sourdough starter in quart container on the counter]
We think of baking as a wholesome hobby, but certain threats stalk our
kitchens. Our Test Kit...
4 days ago




1 comment:
my left baby piggy has been sprained, cracked or just plain beat the hell out of so many times that it is permanently swollen. I feel your pain, as booboo toes is so NOT fun.
Post a Comment